LAKESIDE GUEST HOUSE
With it’s absolute waterfront setting on serene Lake Macquarie, the Lakeside Guesthouse is the ideal accommodation retreat when you need room for 36+ guests.
The Lakeside Guest House was built at The Entrance in 1923 and then relocated to this 10 acre property. Many original features have been preserved giving it a rustic charm while still providing guests with comfortable amenities.
Whether you’re looking to hold a special wedding or just need a place for a big family gathering, the facilities will make sure everyone is comfortable.
Accommodation includes 11 bedrooms, a huge lounge and spacious dining plus a fully equipped caterers size kitchen. Large covered verandahs overlook 9 acres of impressive grounds, BBQ, open fire area with benches in the round and of course the spectacular Lake Macquarie.
With the space to accommodation 36+ people The Lakeside Guesthouse is the perfect venue for:
- Family reunions
- Corporate functions
- Team building events
- Therapeutic Retreats
- sleeps 36+ people
- set on 9 acres of waterfront land
- 11 Bedrooms
- 4 bathrooms – 7 toilets and 8 showers (1 bathroom has disability access)
- caterers size kitchen
- large lounge & dining room with video projector, video/DVD player
- pool table room
- library and other quiet retreat rooms
- waterfront to the Lake for boating swimming etc
- beach volleyball court
- 9 acres of private grounds
- open playing fields
- covered BBQ area
- campfire site benches in the round
- pool table and table tennis
- views from every room
- large covered verandahs
- You will need to bring your own linen: pillows, sheets, blankets and/or sleeping bags and towels.
At Summerland Point you can fish, water ski, boat or bush walk. Catherine Hill Bay is just over the other side of the Pacific Highway, about 5 minutes drive, which is a good surfing beach and also nice area for walking.
Swansea and the Swansea Channel are good for scuba diving, snorkelling and fishing. The Swansea Channel brings you into Lake Macquarie by boat. Swansea is about 1/2 drive away.